Super simple summer-time salad for dinner!
One of my all-time favorite salads and a super simple go-to recipe, is this quick and delicious salmon topped salad. It’s a perfect mix of tart blue cheese and sweet cranberries, topped with crispy walnuts and a delicious and buttery salmon. Perfect for picky fish eaters who don’t like the “fishy” taste, this recipe has none of that! ;)
For me, it’s a favorite dinner salad and it’s one that you won’t need to follow up with dessert, since your sweet tooth will also be satisfied. Salmon is the perfect healthful alternative for dinner and it’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids, great for brain function and heart health!
In the photo above, you’ll notice the addition of lightly caramelized onions. My husband loves this addition, but I have to say, while they are amazing with salmon as a regular entree, they’re not necessary on the salad. It’s perfectly delicious with out them. ;)
Lemon-Pepper Salmon & Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves 2
- 2 – 4oz. salmon filets
- 1 – stalk of romaine lettuce
- about 3-4 oz fresh spinach
- 2 – tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 – pkg of Salad Pizazz salad topping
- 1 – tablespoon olive oil & vinegar
- 1-2 tsp lemon pepper
- salt to taste
- Lightly season the salmon filets on both sides with lemon pepper.
- On the stove, heat a pan with olive oil to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the salmon filets and allow them to cook until they are cooked nearly half-way through. Flip midway and sear on the opposite side just until the center is no longer red. You’ll want a slight pink to remain at the center.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix spinach, diced romaine, blue cheese, Salad Pizazz toppings (cranberries & walnuts). Lightly top salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing.
- Allow filets to rest for 1-2 minutes after cooking, then place them on top of or to the side of your salad mixture.
And that’s it! If you’re interested in adding the caramelized onions, they are a bit time consuming, but super simple. Just slice a whole large onion. Add to a warm pan with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Sautee onions on low for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and sweet. This also makes a super tasty salad with arugula! Enjoy!
© 2012, Chantilly Patiño. All rights reserved.